1.03.2012

pinecone cupcakes

Hello! I hope everyone had a lovely winter holiday and a very happy New Years! After a nice long month of Christmas vacation I am back at school again and I finally have some down time to share some of the goodies that I made over the last few weeks!

When I first returned home, I couldn't bake anything to save my life. For some reason nothing would turn out and I was beyond frustrated. On Christmas Eve I was given my PINK KitchenAid (!!!!!), and the gift was just the right thing to kick start my creativity again. These pinecone cupcakes were the first thing that I made with my new mixer...but I have to admit that the recipe for both the cupcake and the frosting were somewhat randomly made so I am not really able to share a recipe, but I can share the method!






To make these pinecone cupcakes I made chocolate cupcakes and chocolate buttercream frosting. You will want the buttercream to be fairly stiff so that it will appear defined, the make buttercream frosting more stiff simply add more powdered sugar. I used a small round leaf tip and started from the middle out to the edges working up to the top. I placed an almond in the middle standing up, dusted the cupcakes with a little cocoa powder and powdered sugar and voila!



This is just a photo taken off of my front porch. The first few days that I was home Pullman looked like a lovely winter wonderland. Happy 2012!!!

<3, The Sweet Petite



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...