3.07.2012

apple & bleu cheese mini tarts


I know what you're thinking: apple and bleu cheese? Nassstttyyy. Well bleu cheese is a recent obsession of mine, I could eat it at every meal so I knew I had to combine my love of this delicious cheese with my love of sweets. So here we are...I promise they aren't as scary as they seem. They're actually quite delicious :)

Tart Dough - 12 Mini-Tarts

1 and 1/4 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into pieces
3-4 Tablespoons Ice Water
About 1/2 Cup Pie Filling

In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and mix with a fork until the mixture is crumbly like coarse meal. Add the water as needed, mixing with your hands until the mixture is workable. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.

Meanwhile prepare the filling. - It's super simple!

Apple Filling

1 Apple (I used fuji because it's what I had but any apple works really!)
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt

About 1/4 Cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles

Chop the apple into small pieces. Mix in the sugar and salt until the apples are coated. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Once the dough is cooled, roll it out on a floured surface with a rolling pin to about 3/16th of an inch thick. I used Williams Sonoma's Tartlet Baking Set for the mini tarts. Using the cutter, cut out the tart disks and press them into the pan with the tart handle. 

Fill the tarts with heaping teaspoons of apple filling. Sprinkle with bleu cheese crumbles. (Careful here - if you are a die hard bleu cheese lover you can sprinkle a lot but if you prefer it as an accent only, remember that a little goes a long way!)

Bake the tarts for 10 minutes, rotate and bake for 10-12 minutes longer or until the crusts are golden brown.


BLEU CHEESE LOVE!

<3, The Sweet Petite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...